New SEO Tool Launched: SERPx.com – Website SEO Audit
Over the few years that I’ve been doing SEO, I’ve spoken to other experts about on-page SEO and, overwhelmingly, the feedback that I’ve gotten is that on-page SEO accounts for well over 50% of a website’s ability to rank (and some argue that this number is closer to 80%). 50% is a pretty big chunk, so one would argue that on-page SEO and keyword research should be the first two things you want to tackle before even launching your site.
Don’t know what to look out for when it comes to on-page SEO? Don’t worry: I launched a free SEO Audit website (SERPx.com) to help with on-page SEO analytics.
The website is free and I encourage you to use it. You can run an SEO Audit on your domain: enter the URL of your website and get a SEO Metrics Report covering:
- Meta Tags
- OpenGraph Properties
- Image Analytics
- Text-to-HTML Ratio
- Check for Flash Content and IFrames
- URL / Permalink analysis
- on-page Link Analysis
- A Keyword Cloud based off the on-page text and Meta/HTML Code
- Useability analysis
- W3C Validation
- Deprecated HTML Check
- Page-Speed Analysis
- Mobile Optimization Analysis
- And a few other things
Pretty neat, right? Well, if you end up using it and are happy with it, feel free to click LIKE, Share it, Tweet it, or even better: give me feedback on it. Since it’s a free tool and I’m not making any money off of it, I can’t quite hire testers and put out a ton of surveys out there. I made the site as a free resource for those that do not know too much about SEO, and I’d appreciate the feedback.
I’ve had a few questions go my way as to why the name “SERPx”?
I chose SERPx for a few reasons;
- it’s short.
- easy to remember.
- it’s a tool for improving your SERP (Search Engine Result Page) ranking.
- it’s a free on-page SEO Analysis tool that I’m hoping to turn into an awesome resource for you guys.
- SERP stands for Search Engine Result Page (an SEO term)
- My plans for SERPx are: SERPAnalytics, SERPOptimization, SERPTracker, SERPCompetition Analysis, SERPx (you get the idea, X stands for more than just one thing)
How SERPx.com be Used as an SEO Auditing Tool
There isn’t quite a *limit* to how you can use SERPx.com, but I’ve outlined a few ideas below.
- If you’re wanting to check your on-page SEO factors, you can use SERPx.com to do so.
- If you do SEO for others, you can use SERPx.com to see exactly what the person is lacking.
- If you’re looking at getting more clients for your SEO Business, you can use SERPx.com to generate the SEO Audits and show these to your clients as proof of work that needs to be done.
- You can use SERPx.com to analyze other websites’ on-page SEO factors to see what else you need to do to out-rank your competition.
- more features coming soon!
SERPX: The past few days
My initial thought was to build a tool to help me with providing people with SEO Audits, but I honestly don’t have very much time nowadays to do in-depth SEO Audits of websites. I’m in the middle of quite a few large projects and I want to be able to still have time to write on this blog so I can continue helping people.
Since Launching SERPx.com a few days ago, it’s actually gained some traction and I’m pleasantly surprised. This will hopefully give me the extra push I needed to finish up my SEO eBook (which was originally going to be completed at the end of June, now looking like end of July).
Here are the past few days of SERPx.com life:
|7/13/2013||Working with my programmer on the website, getting ready to launch.||0||0|
|7/14/2013||Site launched in the wee hours of the morning. I let a couple people know about it and asked a group on Facebook if they’d be interested in a free tool to help them analyze their site(s) for SEO factors.||15||101|
|7/15/2013||Slight changes to site (verbiage, etc.), still haven’t posted any links. Traffic slowly increasing due to friends I told yesterday notifying other friends, I assume.||36||178|
|7/16/2013||Posted link in Facebook Group. More changes based on feedback from Facebook group: Verbiage changes / added more definitions.||76||231|
|7/17/2013||Couple more changes to back-end. Added more definitions and links into the actual report.||40||211|
|7/18/2013||Working on SEO ebook this day; cannot dedicate much time to website. Also writing Allstuffweb.com Post about SERPx.com launch. Will need to plan some backlinks over weekened.||26||162|
The website had a more-successful-than-I-expected launch, but I still need to put in quite a bit of work into it. What do you think about it so far? have you used SERPx.com yet? Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!