Ok, so you’re wanting to launch a website and get visitors. You have 2 options:
- Do what the SEO Gurus suggest, and start back linking, keyword stuffing, and Search Engine Optimizing your site.-or-
- Optimize your site for USER EXPERIENCE, do your keyword research, and watch your site rank Naturally.
What do you do?
If you answered similar to #1, you’re going to get to the front page VERY fast, but will only last on there for several weeks, then drop like a rock.
If you chose anser #2, you will slowly but surely climb. Hell, here’s a sample of a site (URL Undisclosed) that I launched EXACTLY 30 days ago:
Notice the variety of search engines that have sent traffic my way? I did not submit my site to any search engines. I let this happen naturally. The ONLY time I pinged any site was when I was when a post was created (using my short ping list, which can be found here). Other than that, I did no promotion for my site. AT ALL. I let my visitors do the promoting. The only credit I deserve is for picking correct way to answer a question that approximately 10k searchers a month search for
THAT is the beauty of optimizing your website for USERS rather than SEARCH ENGINES.
Ok, I’ll write more about this later. Time to get some sleep now.
Latest posts by Archived Posts (see all)
- Google Hides Keyword Data: What Now? - September 24, 2013
- Switching to the Genesis 2.0 Framework - September 18, 2013
- Woothemes Sensei vs WP Courseware by FlyPlugins: A Sensei Alternative? - September 13, 2013